Ortt & Co. CPAs, Inc. provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. We aim to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing environment.
Our professional services include:
- Tax Services
- Reviews and Compilations
- QuickBooks Accounting and Assistance
- Estate, Trust and Gift Planning
- Ortt Secure Client Center Advantages
Tax rules and regulations can be confusing and complex and are always changing. Our tax professionals have the knowledge, experience and resources to guide you through all types of tax scenarios. We can assist by providing a full range of tax planning and tax preparation services to minimize your tax liabilities and maximize your tax deductions and credits. Our services include, but are not limited to the following.
- Individuals (including self-employed, single-member LLCs, farmers and ranchers, real estate rentals, oil and gas, etc.)
- Estates, Trusts, and Gifts
From start-up to established businesses, your books and financial statements are key to maintaining profitability, and capitalizing on growth opportunities for your business. With up-to-date financial statements and accurate books, you can monitor your cash flow projections and maximize your tax planning options. We offer a wide range of accounting services to help you meet and exceed your current and future financial goals.
- Financial Statement and General Ledger Preparation (monthly, quarterly, or annually)
- Financial Trend Analysis
- Payroll Processing
- Accounting System Set-Up and Assistance
- Cash Flow Budgeting and Forecasting
- Preparation of Form 1099s
Reviews and Compilations
Along with the accounting services we offer, we can also prepare and issue a review or compilation to meet the expectations of management and / or outside interests (lenders, financial advisors, investors, etc.).
- Reviews – Reviewed financial statements are issued to outside parties to confirm the financial strength and/or weaknesses of the company. Reviews are completed to ensure the accuracy and integrity of your financial data.
- Compilations – Based upon the needs of management, compilations are provided to better assist in making sound business decisions to better your bottom-line. Compilations do not offer assurance of the data but will give an accurate picture of the profitability of the company.
With the various payroll reporting deadlines and ever-changing rules, processing payroll can be difficult and time-consuming for businesses. We have the staff, knowledge and technology to accurately and timely complete your payroll and payroll reports. We can help simplify your responsibilities with the various services we offer.
- Process Payroll (direct deposit is available to your employees)
- Process and Pay the Required Tax Deposits and Garnishments
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Filing of All Applicable Federal and State Payroll Reports
- Workers Compensation Audits
- Affordable Health Care (ACA) Testing and Measurement Periods (provides guidance on offering health insurance to employees)
QuickBooks Accounting and Assistance
For most companies, choosing QuickBooks for your accounting records is the most convenient. However, without having the direction of how to set-up and properly operate the QuickBooks program, the accounting information entered can be very misleading and detrimental to your company. We offer a variety of QuickBooks services that will give you the ability to operate the program effectively and efficiently.
- Customized Set-Up of the QuickBooks File (including chart of accounts, user preferences, customers, vendors, employees, bank accounts, reports, etc.)
- Installation and Personalized Training
- On-going Assistance and Consulting
Entity Selection and Restructuring
Entity selection and structure can have a major impact on the overall tax implications for you and your business, not just today but several years into the future. Through all stages of your business, start-up through growth and development, we can help structure or restructure your entities to minimize your tax liability, maximize your profits and plan for the future.
- Selling or Acquiring New Shareholders and/or Partners
- Converting to a New Entity Type
- Detailed Analysis on Entity Types Customized for Your Specific Needs, including Succession Planning
Estate, Trust and Gift Planning
Whether you are looking to ensure financial stability of loved ones or the succession of business ownership, having a plan in place for a smooth transition of assets is key to planning for the future. Along with the preparation of Estate, Trust, and Gift tax returns, we provide consulting to ensure that the tax liability is minimized for yourself and the beneficiaries.
- Help Navigate the Difficult Estate and Gift Tax Rules and Regulations
- Gift Planning and Options
- Recommend Trusted Advisors to Drafts Wills and Other Applicable Documents
Year-Round Business Consulting
With appropriate planning at the beginning of a key financial decision, steps can be implemented to minimize your tax consequences. We focus on building close client relationships that add long-term value, therefore, year-round consulting can add significant value to your overall financial success.
- Consistent Review of Accounting Records and Data
- Research and Analysis on Various Options to Reduce Tax Liability (retirement planning, buying and selling assets, like-kind exchanges, etc.)
- Selling or Acquiring New Business Ventures
- Calculation of Quarterly Estimated Federal and State Tax Payments
- Year-End Planning for Tax Savings Prior to December 31
- Assistance with IRS and State Correspondence
Ortt Secure Client Center Advantages
With the increased use of technology and needing data at your “finger-tips”, the Ortt Secure Client Center gives you immediate access to a variety of financial documents (tax returns, financial statements, employee pay stubs, etc.). This site also allows you to safely provide us with financial information, in a more secure manner than e-mail, mail or fax. Whether you are in the office, meeting with the banker or traveling, our secure client center can be accessed on your computer, tablet and phone.
- Easy Access to Documents Needed for Financial Decisions (new loans, investments, management requests, etc.)
- Allows for Employee Portal Set-Up (access only to their applicable pay stubs and W2s)
- Provide Us With Requested Information (tax organizers and documents, bank statements, etc.)